OSX Sierra Installation Problem

Hi, I just change to Sierra and when trying to install CVX I get the following errors when the “Simple Test” is run.

Missing symbol ‘_wmemcmp’ required by
’/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib->/Users/fruzti/cvx/sedumi/partitA.mexmaci64’
Missing symbol ‘_wmemcpy’ required by
Missing symbol ‘_wmemmove’ required by
Missing symbol ‘_wmemset’ required by
Missing symbol ‘_write’ required by
Missing symbol ‘_writev’ required by
’/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib->/Users/fruzti/cvx/sedumi/partitA.mexmaci64’.

Error in sedumi (line 350)
case 1

Error in cvx_run_solver (line 50)
[ varargout{1:nargout} ] = sfunc( inputs{:} );

Error in cvx_sedumi>solve (line 245)
[ xx, yy, info ] = cvx_run_solver( @sedumi, At, b, c, K, pars, ‘xx’, ‘yy’, ‘info’, settings, 5
);

Error in cvxprob/solve (line 429)
[ x, status, tprec, iters ] = shim.solve( At, b, c, cones, quiet, prec,
solv.settings, eargs{:} );

Error in cvx_end (line 88)
solve( prob );

I tried to recompiled all .c into new .mex files but it doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks,

What version of MATLAB are you using? We’re not able to support R2017a yet. I use CVX on Sierra without incident but only with earlier versions of MATLAB.

Thanks for the answer mcg, indeed is R2017a (now it is clear to me why), however at night I got working CVX 3.0 Build 1177 by a couple of changes in mexopt.sh and by re-building with the optimisation of the object code for SDPT3. It seems to work somehow but I’ll be running some testing to check if something weird pops up.

When I try to build and use the sedumi mex files, cvx_setup throws an error saying that they are old versions that could produce unexpected results and are required to be removed (at the end cvx requests to remove everything), I’ll see if I can come up with momentary solution for this.

Thanks again,

Thank you! I’ve been able to run R2017a with CVX by recompilation. The problem is that I really can’t support CVX if I require others to do the recompilation, and I don’t yet have a system that allows me to ship multiple MEX file versions for the same platform. So I’m still figuring out the right way to proceed here.

CVX works on MATLAB R2017a on Windows.

I have the same issues on macOS (10.11 El Capitan).

I really hope you’ll find solutions to those issues as MATLAB gets better with each release and I’d like to both use latest MATLAB and CVX.

By the way, if the current viable option is to compile, could you please allow that?
Namely, is there a guide how to do it?

Thank You.