How can I solve this "Invalid host ID: should be 12 hex digits (colons/dashes optional)" problem?

How can I solve this “Invalid host ID: should be 12 hex digits (colons/dashes optional)” problem?

I think my HostID is correct,but I can’t get the license? How can I solve it? Thanks!

the “cvx_version” output:
cvx_version

CVX: Software for Disciplined Convex Programming (c)2014 CVX Research
Version 2.2, Build 1148 (62bfcca) Tue Jan 28 00:51:35 2020

Installation info:
Path: D:\MATLAB\R2018b\own_toolbox\cvx
MATLAB version: 9.5 (R2018b)
Java version: 1.8.0_152
Verfying CVX directory contents:
WARNING: The following files/directories are missing:
D:\MATLAB\R2018b\own_toolbox\cvx\sedumi.travis.yml
These omissions may prevent CVX from operating properly.
Preferences:
Path: C:\Users\17261\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\cvx_prefs.mat
License host:
Username: 17261
Host ID: 089798aea4c4 (eth2)
Host ID: 005056c00001 (eth3,192.168.200.1)
Host ID: 00ff5d5b0d85 (eth4)
Host ID: 005056c00008 (eth7,192.168.129.1)
Installed license:
No license installed.

Did you resolve the problem? It seems that everyone is also having the same issue. I think it should be fixed on CVX’s side.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. Yes, the issue should be on the CVX’s side.

1 Like

I tried reporting this issue to cvx@cvxr.com but this email address has been deleted. CVX Research Help Desk page is down as well lol

1 Like
1 Like

Many thanks for letting us know that http://support.cvxr.com/ and cvx@cvxr.com are no longer in operation. Does this mean that we no longer have academic licenses? If you don’t know the answer, could you please suggest somewhere for us to ask?

I don’t know. I don’t know where you should ask.

1 Like

If anyone wants a CVX academic license to run MOSEK (or Gurobi), you do not need it, as seen in Important announcement: academic license changes | CVX Research, Inc.

To get MOSEK to work with CVX, please follow the instructions in that link. I have just made it work!

1 Like

Thank you!I am now using Gurobi successfully!

Care to share how you eventually managed to solve it? I acquired a personal mosek.lic file by email but I keep getting the same errors:
Mosek 9.1.9 {cvx}\mosek\w64
Using MOSEK with CVX requires an academic MOSEK license
or a MOSEK-enabled CVX Professional license.

*It used to work for me in the past but renewing my license I encountered this annoying "“Invalid host ID: should be 12 hex digits (colons/dashes optional)”

Thanks!!!

I am now using Gurobi,I don‘t use Mosek.But I have the tutorial form chinese blog,I think maybe you can refer to it through translation software,as seen in https://blog.csdn.net/weixin_45224375/article/details/127897100

Also,as [Thanh_Tung_Vu] said, If anyone wants a CVX academic license to run MOSEK (or Gurobi), you do not need it.That means we don’t need the CVX academic license,so you don’t need to renew your license!

First test Mosek itself, without CVX, to make sure that it works and that you have the license in the right place. Ideally just install new Mosek 10 (ignore the old one that comes with CVX), test it using mosekdiag 4 Installation — MOSEK Optimization Toolbox for MATLAB 10.1.25 and then proceed to CVX.

hello, I try this method , then activate the mosek successfully in matlab by the academic license. However, the matlab display the cvx no lincense intall. I don’t kown whether effect the application of cvx in matlab.

no issue was experienced from my side! hope that everything works well at your side