Convex constraint

I am new to the cvx part of programming. While using the CVX tool I have placed a constraint as trace(A*B*A^H)<=1, the error message I am getting is

Invalid constraint: {complex affine} <= {real constant}
Error in <= (line 21)
b = newcnstr( evalin( ‘caller’, ‘cvx_problem’, ‘[]’ ), x, y, ‘<=’ );
Can someone help me out on the correct way to do this programming.

http://cvxr.com/cvx/doc/dcp.html#constraints

One or both sides of an equality constraint may be complex; inequality constraints, on the other hand, must be real.

Without seeing your code and data, I can’t make a definitive diagnosis. But it must be the case that trace(A*B*A^H) has some imaginary component, even though it may be just due to roundoff. First of all, there is no such thing in MATLAB or CVX as ^H to denote hemnitian transpose. So I will assume that you actually used A'. Has B been declared to be hemnitian? If not, then trace(A*B*A') will not be real.

If you actually did use trace(A*B*A^H), then presumably H was previously set in your MATLAB session to be some real or complex number, and A*H would be the matrix A raised to the power H, which surely is not what you want.

If B is declared hernitian and trace(A*B*A') <= 1 produces an error message, then roundoff level imaginary component and the error can be eliminated using real(trace(A*B*A')) <= 1