Academic Licensing

Hello-

I am trying to submit an Academic License Request. On the page, I am asked to supply a “Host ID” and “Username”

I am told that this can be found by running the cvx_version command and looking in the ‘License host’ section. When I run this command, I do not see any of this information. This is what is returned when I run cvx_version:

CVX, version 2.0 (beta)
(c) 2012, CVX Research, Inc. Software
for Disciplined Convex Programming

Version info:
Code: build 924, 2013-02-08 10:20:06
Documentation: build 918, 2013-02-05 16:29:26 Installation info:
Path: C:\Users\Bobby\Desktop\ORIE 4300\cvx
Java version 1.6.0_17
MATLAB version 7.14 (R2012a) Verfying CVX directory contents:
No missing files.

Can someone please tell me what I need to list as the Username and Host ID?

Thank you!

Do you run cvx_setup first? I run cvx_version, it prints out the Host ID and Username. May you can try running cvx_setup first and then run cvx_version.

BR

CVX Professional requires MATLAB’s Java support to run. If you don’t have Java turned on, it won’t print out the username and host ID. I will modify cvx_version so that it is more clear that Java is disabled and therefore the licensing engine is not operative.

The problem was that I was using the redistributable version of CVX, which is fully functional, except for the removal of code that connects to commercial solvers. This is why I was not able to see my Username and Host ID.

The problem was that I was using the redistributable version of CVX, which is fully functional, except for the removal of code that connects to commercial solvers. This is why I was not able to see my Username and Host ID.