Math Rendering Issues

Hello,

Got few issues with the rendering engine in the site:

1. It won’t render LaTeX embedded in the topic of the post. See Solving {\ell}_{1} Regularized Least Squares Over Complex Domain. The “StackExchange” forums do render it.
  2. It won’t handle _ well in LaTeX Code. For instance this code won’t be rendered: $$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left\| A x - b \right\|}_{2}^{2} + \lambda {\left\| x \right\|}_{1} $$. Yet if one removes the underscore, $$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left\| A x - b \right\|}^{2} + \lambda {\left\| x \right\|}_{1} $$, it will be rendered (At least this is what I had issues with in the above question).

Showcase of Clause 2

The code of $$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left\| A x - b \right\|}_{2}^{2} + \lambda {\left\| x \right\|}_{1} $$:

$$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left| A x - b \right|}{2}^{2} + \lambda {\left| x \right|}{1} $$

The code of $$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left\| A x - b \right\|}^{2} + \lambda {\left\| x \right\|}_{1} $$:

$$ \arg \min_{x} \frac{1}{2} {\left| A x - b \right|}^{2} + \lambda {\left| x \right|}_{1} $$

Thank You.

I appreciate the report, but I’m afraid my hands are tied. I rely on the MathJax Discourse plugin here, and I simply don’t have the time or resources to debug it. If someone does fix the bugs, then eventually they’ll make their way here to this site.

Hi,

Is there a place to at least report it to the developers?

Thank You.