The following CVX variable(s) have been cleared or overwritten

Error:The following CVX variable(s) have been cleared or overwritten
A
This is often an indication that an equality constraint was written with one equals ‘=’ instead of two ‘==’. The model must be rewritten before cvx can proceed.
Code:
for i0=1:ITER_MAX
cvx_begin SDP
cvx_precision high
variable w(U,M) complex
variable A
minimize sum(pow_pos(norm(w,2),2))
subject to
pow_pos(norm(w,2),2)<=50;
A>=0;
for u = 1:U
for m = 1:M
for j = 1:M
if(m==j)
continue;
else
A=A+pow_pos(abs(H(:,u)‘w(:,j)),2);
end
end
(A+1)-2*real(w1(:,m)’*H(:,u).*H(:,u)’*w(:,m))+pow_pos(abs(H(:,u)’*w1(:,m)),2)<=0;
end
end
cvx_end

Thank U so much!

You used A as an expression, by virtue of A = ..., after you declared it as a variable. it appears that you want to use it as an expression, do don’t declare it as a variable. Because it is a scalar, you don’t need to declare it as an expression, and it will have value zero by default before it is first used. If you want the constraint A >= 0, it should be placed after the last update to A is made (i.e. after for loop in which it is assigned), although that would be useless in this program because A has to be nonnegative by virtue of how it is constructed (always adding nonnegative terms to something starting at zero).

Thank U soooo much!
My problem is solved.

I neglected to point out that not only is A >= 0 not necessary, but it is not allowed in CVX, because it is (nonlinear) convex >= 0, which is a non-convex constraint.