Possible problem with complex scalar or vector-valued variables in cvx 2.0b

While upgrading from CVX 1.22 to 2.0b, I encounter a problem when defining a scalar or 1-D (vector) variable with qualifier complex.

For instance, the example from the Users’ Guide

variable w(50) complex

results in this error:

??? Error using ==> variable at 113
Attempted to access sz(2); index out of bounds because numel(sz)=1.

Matlab version is 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), and problem occurs for all tested platforms (Linux 64 Bit, Windows 32 Bit, Windows 64 Bit).

Build number is 1005:

Code: build 1005, 2013-08-21 10:54:10

To reproduce this error, try one of the complex-valued problems from examples/antenna_design, for instance ant_array_min_sidelobe

>> ant_array_min_sidelobe
??? Error using ==> variable at 113
Attempted to access sz(2); index out of bounds because numel(sz)=1.

Error in ==> ant_array_min_sidelobe at 120
  variable w(n) complex

I also encountered this question and my matlab version is R2010b. Also don’t know how to solve it.

Thank you for reporting this! This is a regression, unfortunately, and I apologize.

As I type this, I am uploading Build 1006 to the web site which fixes the problem. Please download that new version and install it, and the problem should go away.

In the future, when you do find bugs like this, please feel free to submit them to http://support.cvxr.com, and I will get much quicker notification.

Build 1006 works fine, both for the antenna_design example and my code.

Many thanks.

Thanks again for reporting it!

Sorry for sending an answer. But Since I can’t leave a comment I have to send an answer. I have the same problem. Dear mcg where is build 1006 available?
Thanks

Right now I redownloaded Windows 32-bit mexw32 cvx-w32.zip, but the problem exists.