cvx_begin
variable y(n) ;
variable s ;

for n=1:K
S=log(1+M*y(n));
SUM=SUM+S;
end

for n=1:K

q(n)=((Ek*B(n)*s+(T-K)*y(n)-(sqrt(Ek^2*B(n)^2*s^2-2*(T-K)*(Ek*B(n)+2)*y(n)*s+(T-K)^2*y(n)^2)))/(2*(T-K)*B(n)));
qq(n)=B(n)*q(n);
ST=ST+qq(n);

end

maximize(SUM) ;
subject to
ST <= (1-s);
cvx_end

and error is :
Error using .* (line 262)
Disciplined convex programming error:
Invalid quadratic form(s): not a square.

Error in * (line 36)
z = feval( oper, x, y );

Error in convex (line 42)
q(n)=((EkB(n)s+(T-K)y(n)-(sqrt(Ek^2B(n)^2s^2-2(T-K)(EkB(n)+2)y(n)s+(T-K)^2y(n)^2)))/(2(T-K)*B(n)));

(Mark L. Stone) #2

Do you have a proof that the constraint is convex (some kind of second order cone thing?)? I will presume it is non-convex unless you show otherwise, in which case the non-convex designation will be removed (edit: the non-convex designation has now been removed).

Per the CVX Users’ Guide and Why isn’t CVX accepting my model? READ THIS FIRST! , you are not allowed to enter the constraint as you have. And if it is somehow convex, reformulation will be required for entry into CVX.

(masoud) #3

is jointly convex and proof in the paper

st

a problem (32) is jointly convex y_j * s and s
a problem (32) is jointly convex y_j and s
and finally solved by MOSEK cvx

(masoud) #4

or

maximize(sum(log(1+M.*y)/log(2))) ;
subject to

sum(((Ek B(n). s+(T-K). y-(sqrt(Ek^2 B(n)^2. s^2-2 (T-K) (Ek B(n)+2).*y(n).*s+(T-K)^2. y(n)^2)))/(2 (T-K)))) <= (1-s);

(masoud) #5

error

(Mark L. Stone) #6

The paper appears to be https://arxiv.org/pdf/1612.02574.pdf , for which there was a later IEEE publication to which I don’t have access.

Even presuming the joint convexity proof (in the transformed variables) is correct, there is no concrete formulation provided in a form suitable for entry into CVX. I suggest you contact the authors and request them to provide you with their CVX code and allow you to post if here for the benefit of forum readers.