Cvx_begin error with cluster

Hi! I am running some matlab script on HPC clusters (Stanford’s Sherlock). I get this error message

Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in cvx_global (line 76)
osolvers = cvx___.solvers.list;

Error in cvxprob (line 4)
cvx_global

Error in cvx_begin (line 41)
assignin( ‘caller’, ‘cvx_problem’, cvxprob( varargin{:} ) );

Error in MC (line 15)
cvx_begin

My script runs perfectly on my own laptop (the script contains a line that runs cvxstartup.m at the top), and on login nodes on the HPC cluster. This problem only appears when I try to run it on compute nodes. Would really appreciate any help on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Are sure cvx can be run on cluster like that?

Unless cvx says explicit it can I would assume it cannot be done.

I am having the exact same problem. Were you ever able to solve it? Please let me know as I have been stuck on this problem for a while and it is very important.

Hi! I am running some matlab script on Truba clusters. I get this error message

Error using cvx_global (line 69)
osolvers = cvx___.solvers.list;
Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in cvx_cleanup (line 3)
cvx_global

Error in cvx_begin (line 46)
assignin( ‘caller’, ‘cvx_problem’, cvxprob );

My script runs perfectly on my own laptop (the script contains a line that runs cvxstartup.m at the top). This problem only appears when I try to run it on Truba cluster. Would really appreciate any help on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

I don’t know whether it is possible to run CVX in that environment. It seems unlikely anyone on this forum will be able to help. But if you figure out how to make it work, please post your here how you accomplished it.

Your best chance (which still might be zero) is perhaps with the latest build of CVX 2.2 I doubt there will ever be another CVX build which will incorporate fixes to address this difficulty.